iCalculator™ LV: Latvia Tax Calculators
Welcome to iCalculator™ LV, your comprehensive suite of free tax calculators for Latvia. iCalculator™ has provided free tax calculators for Latvia since 2019. Since those early days we have extended our resources for Latvia to includes Tax Guides, Tax Videos and enhanced the tax calculators and supporting tax information. The Latvia Tax Calculator and salary calculators within our Latvia tax section are based on the latest tax rates published by the Tax Administration in Latvia. In this dedicated Tax Portal for Latvia you can access:
Latvia Tax Calculator 2023/24
The Latvia Tax Calculator below is for the 2023 tax year, the calculator allows you to calculate income tax and payroll taxes and deductions in Jamaica. This includes calculations for
- Employees in Latvia to calculate their annual salary after tax.
- Employers to calculate their cost of employment for their employees in Latvia.
Please provide a rating, it takes seconds and helps us to keep this resource free for all to use
Latvia Tax System Overview
The taxation system in Latvia is structured to provide a balanced approach to both individual and corporate taxpayers. This overview highlights the different types of taxes and general compliance requirements in Latvia, tailored for users of iCalculator™ LV.
Types of Taxes in Latvia
- Personal Income Tax (PIT): Levied on the income of individuals, including wages, interest, dividends, and other personal income.
- Corporate Income Tax (CIT): Applies to the profits earned by companies and other legal entities.
- Value Added Tax (VAT): A consumption tax placed on a product whenever value is added at each stage of the supply chain, from production to the point of sale.
- Excise Taxes: Applied to specific goods such as alcohol, tobacco, and fuel.
- Property Tax: Charged on real estate property, based on its value.
- Social Security Contributions: Mandatory payments made to fund social security systems, split between employers and employees.
- Customs Duties: Taxes on imported goods, relevant for international trade.
Tax Compliance in Latvia
Compliance with Latvian tax laws is crucial for both individuals and businesses. The following points provide a general guide:
- Registration: Taxpayers must register with the Latvian tax authorities, typically the State Revenue Service (SRS), to obtain a tax identification number.
- Filing Returns: Regular submission of tax returns is required, with frequencies and deadlines varying depending on the tax type.
- Payments: Timely payment of taxes is essential to avoid penalties. This includes advance payments for certain taxes.
- Documentation: Maintaining accurate records and documentation is necessary for compliance and potential audits.
- International Taxation: Latvia has double taxation agreements with many countries, impacting residents with foreign income and foreigners with Latvian income.
The Latvian tax system encompasses various types of taxes, each with its own set of rules and compliance requirements. Understanding these aspects is crucial for effective tax planning and legal compliance. iCalculator™ LV offers tools and resources to assist individuals and businesses in navigating the complexities of Latvian taxation.